Monday 17 June 2013

Five Things


Aquilegias growing in the 'nursery garden' (for children) at the local park. Most of the beds are overgrown with weeds or mint but there are a few gems here and there. 


Avocado on brown toast. It was very creamy - almost like eating mashed up egg yolks - and one of my favourite breakfasts.


Detail from a shallow dish I made in my ceramics class. It's for Joe to put finds in from our walks when he's a bit bigger. 


This plate belonged to my Polish grandma (who now resides in North Wales). It's a bit wonky but nice and big. And I'm partial to an oval plate. It needs to be piled high with pierogi. Cheese and potato-filled pierogi. Best served smothered in fried onions and melted butter. 


Another retro typewriter. I love the pale green colour. Unlike my other very old one, I think this may actually be capable of producing some nice typing. Maybe I'll look out for some ribbon.

7 comments:

  1. Russian pierogi are my favourite too, and they would look so good on that plate. Hopefully it is big enough, because you know, you meant to make like 200 ;) Love the aquilegia and avocado on toast, my local market sells them dead cheap and fully ripe, time for some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pierogi have to be piled high don't they?! As for avocado, the softer the better... waiting for them to ripen is a nuisance. Your local market sounds fab!

      Delete
  2. Five beautiful things. I'm loving the little snippet of your 'finds' dish - please please share more shots of your ceramics! (Also love the idea of a 'finds' dish!)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Strange, but since having Joe I've started doing so many creative things (when I have time). I just want to make things for him!

      I've got a few projects on the go at my ceramics class and have photographed another (amateurish) piece but am happy to share later this week x

      Delete
  3. What great things. Your ceramic dish looks lovely and is such a sweet idea. Love the typewriter too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I spotted the typewriter in my mum's house and she let me have it... I would love to type on it. I must be able to get some ribbon online, surely!

      Delete
  4. Thank you - the avocado was my favourite!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...