Friday 27 September 2013

Preparation


It's been a busy few days. And Joe had to see the emergency doctor again last night so we were sitting around in a waiting room for ages. Luckily he's fine - just a cold and sore throat. Calpol is a wonderful thing.

Jay booked today off work to help out with last-minute preparations for the craft and vintage fair tomorrow. My first ever one!


I did a mock-up of the stall in the kitchen. It took a lot longer than expected.


Apparently the tables are 6 feet long. I seem to have more things than space so there was a lot of considered arranging and rearranging.


I've also been busy pricing, printing out contact details and writing labels. And I'm in love with the fabric. Ikea, if you're interested. I think it was £5 per metre which is very reasonable (it's really nice quality).


I'd been hoping to model some of the wristwarmers tomorrow but if today's weather is anything to go by I won't be needing them - the market's being held in a huge polytunnel. Things could get very warm indeed.



Everything's all packed and ready to go. Lots of change (should anyone actually makes a purchase), props, stock, just-in-case things like scissors and sellotape...



And the wooden crates (which Jay painted for me) are nice and dry, ready to display my wares.

Hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight - no lying awake in a panic. I'm determined not to be disheartened if people just walk past tomorrow. You win some, you lose some. If at first you don't succeed etc. etc...

Wish me luck!

15 comments:

  1. Good luck for tomorrow. Hoping Joe is much better soon - I agree calpol has magical properties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and he's definitely his usual chipper self already. It'll be so much easier when he can tell us what's wrong instead of sobbing inconsolably!

      Delete
  2. You look like you've got some lovely things for sale, I especially love the lino cut mushroom prints and the flowers made from maps. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I like the little mushroom print too! I'll update the blog with how it goes - good or not so good... and I'll visit yours too, I'm a bit behind!

      Delete
  3. Looks absolutely gorgeous. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to it (with trepidation)!

      Delete
  4. Thanks - I'll do my best! Lots of friends and family will be coming along too, always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it all looks gorgeous !!! you must have worked very hard indeed to make and collect everything. I would like the mushroom prints please ! I bet you could sell those wooden crates too Jay has done a good job for you. I will keep everything crossed for great success for you - look out Anthropologie, Sarah is coming !
    sorry to hear poor little Joe has been ill, it is scary when they seem to deteriorate before your eyes and astounding how fast they can get well again.
    Lots of luck tomorrow, I'll be there in spirit rooting for you ! have fun Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for your good wishes - I was still awake half the night (agonising what to wear on a potentially sunny day in a polytunnel). Things always seem so important in the middle of the night...
      Yes, Joe's fine. Luckily he very rarely cries - and when he does it's put on - so when he's very upset we know something's wrong. He'll be my lucky mascot today. If the goodies don't tempt people over, he's sure to!
      S x

      Delete
  6. Those 1950's cups and saucers are to die for - where is your craft fair? Did you do the lino cuts they are great - I am hoping to have another go at these for my Christmas cards this year.
    Lovely blog by the way - I will drop by again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Nice to meet you.
      Yes, I did the lino cuts. I'm quite new to it but love doing them! The fair's at Kenyon Hall Farm (www.kenyonhall.co.uk), not too far from Warrington. Am now gulping coffee in an attempt to energise myself but once today's over I'll pay your blog a visit too x

      Delete
  7. Your stall looks superb, so many gorgeous things! I'd snap up those cups and saucers if I could! Good luck. I hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did! Thank you... time for a rest before I find the next one to book onto!

      Delete
  8. A Craft Fair is an idea that I have been mulling over and am now so inspired by your stall (and success!) that I may forge ahead. Superb images - well done! Ann www.suffolkpebbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... the main thing to remember is that they're all different and success very much depends on the type of people who attend: browsers, people looking for ideas or those who go along with the intention of buying.

      So if you go for it and don't do that well just try another one! Good luck :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...