Sunday 12 April 2015

Little things, small steps


Firstly, I want to say thank you to everyone who sent their good wishes and their sympathy in response to my previous post. They helped no end. Things are still at that whirlwind stage: phone calls, paperwork, arrangements, visitors (both official and not)... We're getting through things slowly.

Having said that, it would appear that little Poppy will be coming home earlier than anticipated. She's feeding well and getting stronger. There's a Moses basket with sweet little handknitted blankets awaiting her arrival.


You may recall I said I'd be putting some photo-heavy posts together for the moment. Photos capturing the small things which make life that little bit easier. So here they are. Or at least, here are some of them.

I've decided to abandon any serial posts for another week or two, and to simply share what we've been doing with any precious free time we've had. And lately I've turned to my favourite form of therapy: walking. Particularly those solitary ambles along well-known paths, where I can notice the changes taking place as spring gathers pace.


On the home front, we celebrated Easter. Quietly. Just the three of us (my brother and niece had a big family lunch with our auntie and cousins). We ate well and calculated just how long it'll be before we need to buy Joe any more chocolate. The fridge is full of the stuff.


He also had to 'make' an Easter bonnet for nursery. Naturally, I forgot until the morning it was needed. Cue frenzied cutting, painting and Pritt Sticking (me) and being willing to wear it for all of five seconds (Joe).

This was the first year he actually understood the concept of the egg hunt. It didn't take very long for him to figure it out. Although the following day we went to the garden centre where he insisted on looking inside every flower pot, just in case.

The jigsaws were a charity shop find. Quite apt at this time of year, with the whole metamorphosis thing. And we do love the Very Hungry Caterpillar.


Next week looks like it'll be hectic again. Thanks for coming back and reading, and again - I really do appreciate your kind words and thoughts during this tough time.



19 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are finding solace in walking x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I'm glad little Poppy is doing so well. Lovely photos, you've captured the details of spring beautifully. I've just come back from a walk with some of the same things. I hope your week isn't too hard, I'll be thinking of you. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree walking is great theraphy, as I find reading is too. Good wishes to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah,
    A walk has saved me on many occasions. It has helped me to stop and feel the breath. Your little Joe is a gorgeous fella. And I love his jumper too! Beautiful photos. As always.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad Poppy is making good progress. I am also glad you find inner peace on your walks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The children will keep everyone going, I'm glad there is more extended family too. All the best X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're grabbing those precious moments when you can, take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your images are a tonic that hopefully work that way for you too, if only just a little bit for now x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are beautiful. Thinking of you all over the coming days x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fresh air and walks will do you good, and Poppy coming home...Thinking of all of you.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely pictures of spring - things look very similar around my way (I'm in North Wales) - Spring takes a little longer to appear around here - the beauty of that is we get to experience it for longer:) Tulips are just beginning to flower and magical muscari are bobbing their little heads in the border. Well done on the Easter bonnet making! Joe looks happy :) and I too love Craig Carle - his illustrations are so wonderful!
    Warm thoughts and wishes to your family x

    ReplyDelete
  12. best wishes and thoughts go out to your family right now, must be tough for you all, but being a family its times like this that true love and strength shine through, you capture nature so beautifully and the ever changing seasons ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm catching up on reading blogs so only just read your very sad news. It's a tough time for you all but your brother and nieces will really be helped by having family round them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, so sorry about your loss. Walking does help. Family helps. Thinking about you all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Taking small steps sounds a good plan at this very difficult time. Excellent news about your new niece and hope she gets to use that Moses basket very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If only we could walk all our worries and tough times away. It is good therapy though. I love a walk to clear my head. Wishing you all the strength you need. Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also believe in walking. The great cure.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...