Monday 14 October 2013

The Great Indoors


Because it's chilly out there. I've caved in and put the heating on. The joys of a warm bathroom cannot be underestimated.

And the autumn rearranging/nesting goes on: I dug out some cushion covers I made a couple of years ago from some tweedy remnants bought from an interiors shop. 


They've got vintage buttons sewn on too. I'm glad I kept hold of these (they were folded up alongside fabric scraps and embroidery silks). Stock rotation. And stock retention: we were all set to donate our 1960s sideboard to charity as there was no room for it after making a little desk area under the stairs.

But at the eleventh hour we realised we couldn't let it go. So it's back in its rightful place. I now work (awkwardly) from it. I'll cope.

Speaking of work, I love volunteering at the charity shop. Organising, rearranging, doing the window and shelf displays... I'm completely in my element. Next project: planning an autumnal window. Two actually. Pinterest, here I come!


I also took down some summery prints from the living room and drew some super-quick designs using charcoal. They look a bit childish I suppose but I like the simplicity of them.

I haven't drawn with charcoal for years. It was fun but very smudgy. I did some pictures for the bedroom too (but haven't photographed them yet). Total time taken: an hour, tops. Total cost: free. Lovely!


Chalk this time instead of charcoal. Simple food for this week's menu. The 'meals out' bit refers to a few family birthday outings: curry on Friday evening (just Jay and me - we enjoyed it but were pleased to collect Joe again afterwards) and a family lunch yesterday. Three courses. Sunday afternoon drowsiness ensued...

Hope you had a lovely weekend :)

6 comments:

  1. Loving the cushions. I must get some chalkboard paint too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great stuff! We have loads left - perfect for making Joe a board one day. A blackboard's great for covering a dodgy wall and perfect if you're a bit forgetful (like me) or a bit of a doodler :)

      Delete
  2. I completely agree on the bathroom - our towels were still damp at the end of the day before the heat was put on. Your new pictures are beautiful I'm looking forward to seeing the ones for the bedroom too. That chickpea and chorizo stew looks good too! Thanks so much for your comments on my blog, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine - I love visiting blogs written by like-minded people and will be back soon. And I know how nice it is to receive friendly comments!

      The stew's one of those quick but tasty meals (tinned tomatoes, onion etc) and chorizo makes anything taste lovely. It's nice with a bag of spinach thrown in too... perfect for a cold day.

      Damp towels are awful aren't they? I could write a long list of little things which make me happy but damp towels and a chilly bathroom would definitely feature on a list of life's not-so-pleasant details...

      Delete
  3. Your post made me feel very cosy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I've long thought about starting a new movement: Cosyism... which makes us Cosyists!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...