Saturday 27 July 2013

Down on the farm



We're still wilting in the heat but this morning set out on a little visit to Kenyon Hall Farm. It was en route to do some food shopping, but I wanted to check out the craft and vintage fair as it's the one I've booked a table for in late September (gulp).

It was held in one of the barns. Luckily it wasn't in the polytunnels like I'd previously thought - everyone would have been melting by 10am.


Joe's a bit small for a donkey ride but that didn't stop me from going over and making a fuss of them. Their names were Gavin and Stacey.


Astrantia growing wild in a hedge (one of my favourite flowers).


Joe had a sit on an old tractor in the play area. I think he'd like one for his first birthday next month. 


People were out in the fields picking punnets of strawberries, gooseberries, blackcurrants, raspberries, tayberries...


And everywhere was a-flutter with butterflies.





I have two months to build up the stock for my stall. And then it will be autumn. I love that time of year - the soft fruits will have been replaced by pumpkins and hopefully people will want to buy my wares. 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! The one of Joe on the tractor is so sweet and love that the donkeys names are Gavin and Stacey. Good luck with the craft fair in September. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been feverishly knitting and lino printing... and scouring charity shops for vintage finds. Good fun though :)

      The donkeys were lovely and gentle. Fortunately I managed to stop short of cuddling them. x

      Delete
  2. What a lovely day out. Your little boy looks very at home on the tractor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely place to visit - and fortunately very nearby! Joe seemed quite taken with the tractor.

      Maybe we'll look for a scrap one on eBay when he gets bigger (and hopefully we'll have a bigger garden too)!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...