Friday 1 March 2013

March

At last! January and February are over. Much as I love hibernating and cosying up, it's always a relief to leave them behind: the post-Christmas hangover, the short days, the greyness.

I went out for lunch earlier this week with a group of friends. Even their tales of people struggling to find jobs after having children don't worry me too much. Spring is a time of optimism and possibilities.

In other news, I picked up a few inexpensive garden treats today: alchemilla mollis (I keep trying even though, like cyclamen, it seems to dislike me) and some deep pink echinacea. And a Magnolia Stellata (for the bargain price of £7.99). Yes, I finally got one (albeit a very small one which may take a few years to flower). It can go in a pot and accompany us when we move on.

Anyway, the previously unthinkable now seems like it could happen. Yes: I'm considering cleaning my car. Interesting how I'm such a stickler when it comes to housework yet the car doesn't really register on my radar.

And the winter wardrobe can - hopefully - go into storage soon. Which means things like this:


And this:


Will be tidied away. And I get to break out the florals.


Bring on the spring. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...