Sunday 12 May 2013

Trying...



I've not been well at all for the past week, and over the last few days it has (I hope) got as bad as it can get: sore throat and chest, feeling too hot then too cold, blocked ears, bunged-up nose, headaches... resulting in a lack of sleep and a general feeling of Life Is Unfair.


I've been at the boiled sweets though. And chicken noodle soup. And copious amounts of orange juice. Although today my tastebuds seem to have gone on holiday.


I've had a bit of a handbag rotating session - I thought a bit of brightness might cheer me up.


And gypsophilia (£1.50 for a bunch) looks nice on the mantelpiece too. I've got over the 1980s weddings connotations it has and instead am admiring its simplicity. It looks as delicate as I'm feeling...


I love the undersides of the leaves on this houseplant. Especially when the light shines through them. No idea what it is, though.

And I'll be back with a more substantial post within the next few days when hopefully I'll be feeling a million times better. Time to put the kettle on now for some honey and lemon...

8 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon. You can't beat a bit of honey and lemon when you're under the weather x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Anything to avoid antibiotics - but just nearly blew my head off inhaling menthol vapours! They're very potent. Will be more careful next time...

      Delete
  2. A colourful handbag and some pretty flowers should cheer you up! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Just need Joe to get better now, poor thing!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you've been poorly, hope your feeling much better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I'm on the mend I think - unfortunately the baby's got it now! Plenty of Calpol in the cupboard...

      Delete
  4. Hi Sarah - so sorry to hear you've not been well...it's always pants at this time of the year when you feel under the weather.

    Take care and get well soon.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's nice that people are sending me good wishes! I'm actually starting to feel a bit better (but have invested in some echinacea anyway)... hopefully I've got it out of the way for this year now!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...