Saturday 20 April 2013

Nature in the home


This week, for Nature in the Home, I'm going nautical. We have jars of shells in the house (I always bring a few back from the beach after a holiday). And on Thursday I bought Joe two secondhand books: an old Observer guide to the seaside and a Ladybird one on the same subject.


I've also been making him a mobile for his room. It has sea creatures and shells suspended from a dried starfish (one of three I brought home from Nantucket back in 2005). 

I mentioned wanting Joe to know about and appreciate nature in this post. No doubt he'll be fascinated by the shells when he's a bit bigger. In the meantime they look nice in the house - as do the starfish. And I can't wait for the summer for a trip to the coast (and an opportunity to add a few more finds to the jar).

2 comments:

  1. you think we'll get some summer then ?? only joking, all these wise old country men the newspapers seem to have access to are saying that it will be a scorcher. lets hope they are right ! i spent the whole of last summer in Fairfield and missed all the rain. we could all do with some sun eh ? how are you getting on with crochet ? if you wanted and could get here i could show you how to get started...
    love susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cold isn't it? We were out this morning and I regretted not taking a coat with me (yesterday's sunshine must have fooled me into thinking things were on the up).
    Haven't had a chance to attempt any more crochet as I have so many (unfinished) projects on the go... I'll definitely let you know if we'll be over your way any time soon and thankyou for the very kind offer :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...